Yes. A growing number of businesses, corporations and individuals using Bitcoin are taking over the crypto-currency marketplace and cashing in on new technology. This includes brick and mortar businesses like restaurants, apartments, law firms, and popular online services such as Namecheap, WordPress, Dish Network, and Reddit. While Bitcoin remains a relatively new phenomenon, it is growing fast.
Bitcoin ATMs are physical machines that allow you to deposit fiat money (i.e. dollars, euros, etc.) and withdraw Bitcoins which you deposit into your wallet. Bitcoin ATMs take a commission from the exchange which varies from company to company. There are currently 624 ATMs installed in the USA, and 146 in Canada. Click here to learn more and review the latest statistics on Bitcoin ATMs.
Online Websites That Accept BTC as Payment
- Sacramento Kings NBA Team
- Dish Network
- Tesla – the car company
- Whole Foods
- Home Depot
- Stripe – online payment gateway company
- Gap, GameStop and JCPenny – using eGifter.com
- US Hobby, an online store that sells various gadgets
- WordPress, online blogging website
- Reddit, a social and entertainment focused site
- Namecheap, a website for domain names.
And many more! See a much larger list here.